Bairnsdale Secondary College has recently reviewed its uniform policy with input from parents and the wider community. If parents are having difficulty purchasing the required uniform, the College will support them in providing clothing so that their child meets the uniform requirements. The College has the following beliefs about uniform:
- It safeguards our students, as an intruder or outsider may be easily spotted
- It benefits the College because the wearing of our uniform fosters a sense of belonging, pride and commitment to the College. When students are in the wider community they are easily identifiable, which can further promote the College and enhance College spirit.
- It promotes equality amongst students by discouraging competition and short-term fashion trends.
- It is economical because our uniforms are of good quality, last longer and overall are better value than most casual clothes that students choose to wear. Peer pressure is reduced through consistency in uniform.
- Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) concerns are reduced through the wearing of uniform. Safety of our students is our highest priority.
Wearing of Hats:
The College Sunsmart Policy includes a Sunsmart hat as a part of the school uniform. It is a navy blue bucket hat with College logo. We would encourage students to wear this hat during Terms 1 and 4 of each school year. A College beanie (navy blue with College logo) may be worn during Terms 2 and 3.
Uniform Items and Styles:
All uniform clothing can be purchased from our school uniform supplier, The SWF Group Pty Ltd. Most uniform items will have the Bairnsdale Secondary College logo embroidered on it.
All footwear must conform to OH&S requirements. Shoes should be black, with fully enclosed leather uppers so students can participate safely in classes. White or navy blue socks are uniform items.
Once again, if parents are having difficulty meeting the requirements of the Uniform Policy, they should contact the College to discuss how we can best help to support their child in this instance.
Click on the link below to access the 2018 Uniform Price List
Uniform Policy is located in College Profile/Policies and Procedures