Bairnsdale Secondary College is the largest secondary provider in East Gippsland and we welcome new enrolments.
If you are interested in enrolling your child with us, please contact the Administration Office on 5150 4800 to make a time for a meeting.
To best set up your child, we would appreciate seeing your child’s latest two school reports from their previous school. Please bring these when you come up to meet with either an Assistant Principal or Hub Leader. The enrolment meeting is an opportunity for parents and student/s to meet with a School Leader to discuss your child’s transition into the school and to answer any of your questions. At the end of the meeting, you will be provided with an Enrolment Pack to take home to complete and return with the supporting legal documentation (listed below).
Each child’s circumstances are different but depending on context, we may ask that you submit the following documentation and legal information to complete the enrolment process:
- Enrolment Form - Please ensure that all sections of the Enrolment Form are completed and signed.
- Medicare Immunisation Certificate – Contact Medicare to obtain your child’s School Entry Immunisation Certificate or Exemption Certificate. Unfortunately, do to Department guidelines, we cannot accept the Birth and Immunisation Record booklet.
- Birth Certificate or Extract - We will photocopy this for our records.
- Residency Status - If your child was not born in Australia, we require a Certificate of Citizenship or Passport with Visa showing residency, which we will photocopy for our records.
- Custody Documentation - If there are any custody restrictions applicable to your child, we require the current court documents, which we will photocopy for our records. Please ensure you continue to provide us with copies of any custody documentation updates.